Some of you may already have heard that Stampin’ Up! have decided to revamp the colour range. We will be seeing some new colours and farewelling some of current colours too for a new up to date range. Although this wont happen till the new Catalogue is released in September you do need to be aware of this now so you can plan ahead to order ink refills for any pads you have also cardstock and accessories of any your favourite colours.
Each Colour Collection contains 10 colors.
- 5 of these 40 colours are brand new (Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, and Marina Mist)
- 10 are In-Colors either from this current catalogue or even returning favourites from previous years (Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, River Rock, Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, and Wild Wasabi)
- and then the remaining colours are the colours that we have been used to seeing in our current colour families and neutrals up until now.
Here is what the new colour Palette looks like:
New In Color Programme
One part of our Colour Renovation that we’re sure you’re going to love is the new In Color programme! Each year we will introduce five new In Colors, and they will remain for two years. This means that the 2010-2011 In Colors will be introduced this year, but will not be retired until the 2012-2013 colours are introduced. This year there will be only be five In Colors, but after that, we will always have ten (the previous year’s plus the new). Look for a later announcement on this year’s In Colors
So which colours are leaving?
- Bold Brights: Glorious Green, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Brilliant Blue
- Earth Elements: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Summer Sun
- Rich Regals: Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, Taken With Teal, Handsome Hunter
- Soft Subtles: Pale Plum, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace
- In Color: Kiwi Kiss
- Neutrals: Going Gray, Basic brown
Ive thought long and hard about this change, my first response was “Omigosh how could SU be so mean?” but now Im really looking forward to the new colour palette. Although I will miss some of my retiring favourites Im sure I will get a whole new lot of favourites. Bring it on SU!